The main opposition party, National Democratic Congress (NDC) is asking Akufo-Addo led government questions regarding to a fresh document intercepted on the PDS deal which exposes the clandestine efforts of the Akufo-Addo government to appropriate the assets of ECG for themselves.
According to the NDC, the intercepted letter shows that, the Akufo-Addo Government has been secretly restructuring the shareholding of PDS on the blind side of Ghanaians in furtherance of their state-capture agenda.
Also, the intercepted letter revealed that, the approved company by parliament of Ghana, Meralco has off loaded its 30% shares to an unknown company, Meridian Power Ventures Limited which was only incorporated in Hong Kong in June 2018 without recourse to Parliament.
Therefore the National Democratic Congress is calling on government to provide answers to these questions.
They are as follows:
• Who varied the original PDS shareholding as approved by Parliament without recourse to Parliament?
• Who are the persons behind this new company Meridian Power Ventures?
• How were they selected and by whom?
• What is their financial and technical capacity and on what basis were they selected?
• Why the deafening silence of government on the FTI report and their own investigative findings?
Currently, the New Patriotic Party (NPP) led government is yet to respond to these questions posed to them by the main opposition party NDC.
Source: Ishmael Barfi